SEATTLE PERFORMANCE MEDICINE
Seattle Performance Medicine is an innovative health and wellness facility helping individuals reach their health and performance goals.
February 2022: Exciting CCM Practice Expansion – Accepting New Patients!
From Medical Director Emily Cooper, MD:
As we enter year three of the pandemic, the need for high-quality care that targets metabolic function and reduces preventable disease risk is more important than ever.
Kristen and I are so grateful to finally open our door at Cooper Center for Metabolism to those on our waiting list, who were referred by friends, family members, and local healthcare practitioners.
I am excited to announce that we have added two excellent medical providers who share our mission and enthusiasm for the Cooper Method of evaluation and treatment of metabolic dysfunction. Daphne Carballo, Physician Assistant, and Alisha Boxley, Nurse Practitioner, have joined our practice.
In addition to the training that I have already provided to Alisha and Daphne, we will continue to collaborate and operate as a unified provider team under my direct supervision, implementing my evaluation and treatment protocols.
Thank you to our patients for their ongoing patience, kindness, and support!
Emily Cooper, MD
Current clinic precautions in response to Covid-19 (as of April 2023)
The safety of our patients and staff is our priority. While we are conducting all provider appointments via telemedicine to minimize traffic in our clinic, we encourage you to visit our clinic for your pre-appointment labs and vitals. All provider appointments will be conducted via telemedicine or phone until further notice.
We have implemented several measures to ensure a safe environment for our patients and staff. We enforce the following protocols, based on CDC guidelines:
- All patients and visitors must wear well-fitting masks (in place of loose cloth and surgical masks) at all times while onsite, except when eating or drinking. If you do not have a well-fitting mask, we will provide you with one.
- We perform temperature checks on staff and patients upon arrival at the clinic.
- We will provide you with individually-wrapped disinfectant wipes, pens, and utensils for meal tests.
- Seating distance provides a minimum of 6 feet between individuals.
- No more than 2 people should use the kitchen at a time.
- No more than 8 people should use the conference room at a time.
- We deploy portable high-filtration air filters, high-filtration HVAC, and UV disinfection around the clinic.
- Our staff disinfects lab surfaces regularly with a 10% bleach solution and all other areas with a 70% alcohol solution and follows thorough cleaning processes.
- Clinic traffic is limited to essential staff members and a small number of patients with lab or vitals appointments. No one may accompany a patient in the clinic unless they are a child or otherwise require assistance.
Before your appointment, you will receive a message with further information about preparing for your visit. If you have any additional questions, please reply to that message.
We appreciate your cooperation as we ensure the health and safety of our patients and staff.
Seattle Performance Medicine was founded in 2003, dedicated to preventive medicine and sports science. Since then we’ve developed two distinct paths: athletic performance and metabolic health.
Please visit the Cooper Center for Metabolism for more information on Dr. Cooper’s primary area of focus: metabolic health. She and her team are focusing on the metabolic causes of obesity, infertility, type 2 diabetes, and blood sugar dysregulation.